Learning Online @ DU
Taking classes online is a convenient way to earn a University degree. With the right tools and skills, you can leverage online learning to bring you that much closer to your goals. Watch this demo of Blackboard, DU's online learning system.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions for online learning.
Requirements for successful online learning:
- Strong reading and writing skills are essential for online course work.
- Basic computer skills: knowledge of email, file attachments, internet browsing, cutting and pasting in documents, etc.
- Easy access to an internet connection. You’re expected to keep up with your classes, even if your computer acquires a virus or crashes. Always have a backup plan for internet access.
Get the most from your online course:
- Plan to devote 12-15 hours a week to each online course you take.
- Plan to log in at least 5 days each week. You can log in anytime, at your convenience.
- Manage your time so you can meet all assignment deadlines.
- Actively participate in course discussions.
- Be proactive, and use the resources available to you. Let your instructor know if you encounter a problem.
Books and Materials:
Purchase all your books and study materials at our online vendor, for delivery directly to your home.
- Discounted prices, comparable to Amazon and other third-party websites
- New, used, rental and ebook options
- Free shipping on retail orders over $49
- Year-round buyback opportunities
- A custom page with all course materials for the classes you are enrolled in