Career Services offers resources and staff to support DU faculty and the programs they teach. The resources below are designed to supplement materials used in the classroom. Contact us for additional ways we can partner!
Davenport University Spring Career Fair:
Tuesday March 15th, 2016 from 1-4 pm
WA Lettinga Student Activity Center
Fauclty - Please join us between 11:30 and 1 PM in the employer Hospitality area where you can network with employers, and meet the companies THAT recurit at DU!
Sponsored by: Table Sponsors Include:
Register NOW! For the Lansing & SE Michigan
Become the professional employers want to hire. Enjoy a 3-course meal while you learn the ins and outs of professional dining etiquette in a fun and engaging setting while you meet and network with area employers.
Register Here! S.E. MI Eitquette Dinner @ Schoolcraft College in Livonia, MI at 6 p.m. on Tues, March 29th!
Register Here! Lansing Etiquette Dimmer @ the Lansing Center in Lansing, MI at 6 p.m. on Wed, May 4th!
Your Table Sponsorship makes this event affordable to Students and their guests, and gives you the opportunity to network with your future talent in the market!
Sponsor your table at the S. E. MI Eitquette Dinner
Schoolcraft College in Livonia, MI at 6 p.m. Tues, Mar. 29th
Sponsor your table at the Lansing Etiquitte Dinner
Lansing Center in Lansing MI at 6 p.m. Wed, May 4th
We do more than just help students with resumes. We offer assistance for your classroom and students in the following areas:
- Assessments and Career Research
- Employer Mentors and Speakers
- Job Postings on Panther Jobs!
- Job Search Skills & Veteran Job Search resources Check out the DU Veteran page Helpful Resources section.
- Job Shadow
- Internship Site Assistance
- Internship Seminars
- Interview Skills and Resources
- InterviewSTREAM on-line interview practice site
- Networking and Professional Organization Membership
- On-Campus Interviewing
- Professional Dress and Personal Brand Development
- Professional Letters
- Portfolio Development and Creation
- Resumes and Professional Self-Marketing
- Resume Books on Panther Jobs!
- Student Participation on Regional Employer Advisory Boards
- Salary and payrange information (National, regional, local)
Career Services offers a number of resources to help students and alumni grow their employability skills within the work place including hard copy resources, presentations like this one!, and internet resources.
International Business Etiquette Websites:
Executive Planet: Select a country and learn the etiquette of making appointments, business attire, use of name or title, gift giving and more!
Cyborlink.com: Covers areas of business etiquette, manners and culture.
Forbes: Article on business international business etiquette.
Contact us to support your program or to find assistance in any area of student professional development.