Test of Essential Academic Skills
The TEAS® assessment is necessary for entrance into the Davenport University BSN and LPN nursing programs and is offered to current and prospective DU students at the Grand Rapids, Lansing, Midland and Warren campuses. It covers the following academic skill areas:
- Reading – key ideas and details, craft and structure, and integration of knowledge ( 53 items, 64 minutes)
- Math – numbers, algebra, measurement, and data (36 items, 54 minutes)
- Science –human anatomy and physiology, life and physical science, and scientific reasoning (53 items, 63 minutes)
- English and Language Usage – conventions of standard English, knowledge of language, and vocabulary acquisition (28 items, 28 minutes)
1. Create an account for the TEAS® exam through ATI (see instructions).
2. Reserve your spot by requesting an appointment using the links below.
3. Read the TEAS® Information below for instructions for test day, what you can bring into the test and how you will receive your scores.
4. Davenport University requires self reported TEAS scores. ATI TEAS/TEAS V will need to be uploaded into the document section of the CAS application and enter the scores in the Standardized Tests section of Academic History in my profile.
Nursing CAS for application
Davenport University offers the TEAS® V (Version 5) for all applicants regardless of the nursing program to which you are applying.
Starting August 31, 2016, Davenport will offer an updated ATI TEAS exam.
Go to www.atitesting.com to learn more about the exams.
Registration Instructions and Test Dates for 2016-2017 Academic Year:
TEAS testing appointments are available upon request at the Grand Rapids W.A. lettinga, Lansing, Midland, and Warren campuses.
Please use the following link to request testing http://www.davenport.edu/testing-services/request-testing
The TEAS® entrance exam for Davenport University candidates is $70. PAY TESTING FEE
There will be no refunds for the TEAS®.
Please allow 4 hours for check in, taking the exam, and optional rest periods.
You may take the TEAS® as many times as you wish.
ID on day of Testing:
When you come to take your test, you must bring:
- Your ATI login ID and password
- Your Davenport ID #
- A government issued ID with photo, signature, and permanent address (such as a driver’s license)
Testing Center Rules:
- Calculator use is not allowed when taking the TEAS® V version of the exam
- After August 31, 2016, the updated ATI TEAS® will allow for the use of a four function calculator that is embedded within the exam.
- Cell phones and all other personal electronic devices are strictly prohibited.
- Your scores are available immediately after the examination.
- There is no “passing” score. Rather, your score will be compared to other nursing program applicants and is an important factor in the application review.
- Davenport University requires self reported TEAS scores. ATI TEAS/TEAS V will need to be into the document section of the CAS application and enter thescores in the Standardized Tests section of Academic History in my profile.
Nursing CAS for application
Candidates MUST have documentation on file with Davenport University's Student Access Department in order to receive accommodations. In order for Davenport to provide accommodation testing, candidates are required to register for their accommodations one week before the testing session date to ensure accommodations are properly met or candidates will be expected to test under standard testing conditions.
Please contact Cara Junghans at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 554-5615 to set up your accommodations one week before your scheduled testing session.
ATI’s online store has three products, the TEAS® V (Version 5) Study Manual, a TEAS® Online Practice Assessment, and a combination package available to guide your review and provide feedback about your study progress. The above can be purchased at the ATI website, www.atitesting.com. The materials are optional and not required to take the TEAS. However, review of the study manual is strongly recommended.
Still have Questions?
For scheduling questions and ADA accommodations request please contact Cara Junghans, Director of Testing Services, 616-554-5615, email@example.com