Financial Aid Resources
This section of our website includes online resources for you to check out as you research how to fund your education. A good place to start is Scholarship Help, which explains how college funding works, the types of scholarships available, how to find them and how to apply for them.
Helpful hints for online searches:
- Do not pay for a scholarship search. The search options Davenport lists are free searches; however, we encourage students and parents to read carefully all the information.
- Do not pay to apply for a scholarship. Do not pay for any kind of "processing" fee.
- Set up a separate email account through Yahoo, Google, Hotmail or some other service. Use this separate email just for your scholarship searches. Some scholarship searches do send out advertisements, and using an email account separate from your personal account will better protect your personal account from unwanted emails.
- Research scholarships beyond just what the search engines provide.
- Be very careful about providing confidential information. You should never have to submit your social security number or anything similar to that. If in doubt, contact your Davenport financial aid counselor
Need Help filling out your FAFSA? Check out the following options:
- College Goal Sunday
- FAFSA Frenzies hosted at various Davenport campuses.
Need Help Evaluating your Award Letters?
- Thisguide is intended to help students and parents understand and compare financial aid award letters.