Davenport aspires to be renowned as a quality institution of higher education that understands the market better than any other institution. We strive to apply that understanding to our programs and teaching, preparing Davenport and its graduates to exceed employer expectations, transform communities, and change lives by believing that every person can achieve his or her dream. View the entire Davenport University Vision Statement here.
Davenport University prepares people and organizations to excel in the knowledge-driven environment of the 21st century.
Davenport University's Values represent the behavioral expectations of our faculty, staff, and students in performing their responsibilities and achieving their goals. These values are represented through STAIR.
Serving with Quality
- Understand our students
- Nurture capable and energetic students
- Help students start, stay, and succeed
- Provide GREAT service
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Demonstrate loyalty
- Maintain confidentiality
- Explain “why” and ask “why”
- Ask, "What else can I do?"
- Solicit and provide feedback
- Follow University policies and procedures
- Perform to the vision and strategic plan
Innovation and creativity
- Share thoughts and new ideas
- Actively engage and participate
- Constructively challenge status quo
- Think outside the box
Respect for people
- Celebrate success
- Inspire and motivate
- Treat everyone with respect and cooperation
- Embrace diversity