Questions for students inquiring about international internships
If you are considering an internship or work experience abroad, you should be able to answer the following questions:
- What are your personal objectives?
- Are objectives consistent with department objectives?
- Will the internship be conducted in English?
- Will Davenport University endorse participation?
- Will you need to receive academic credit?
- Will you need a visa or work permit?
- Are you aware of any health or safety risks in your proposed location?
- Are you prepared for the extra expenses? (Most internships are unpaid)
- Are your expectations about an internship realistic?
If you have further questions, you are encouraged to contact any of the following individuals for information concerning the international internships and work abroad:
Dr. Wayne Sneath
Director of Experiential Learning
Dr. Stephen Snyder
Director Global Programs
Regional Employment & Internship Manager