Davenport University is currently taking applications for its Masters of Urban Education, Certificate in Urban Education, Masters of Urban Educational Leadership and Certificate of Urban Educational Leadership programs. These graduate-level programs provide candidates with a Masters in Urban Education or Masters in Urban Educational Leadership as well as alternative routes to teacher certifications or school administrator certifications. Davenport’s innovative approach to educator training provides academic and practical support to current teachers, administrators, newly certified teachers and newly certified school administrators. Davenport's College of Urban Education programs ensures the development of the relationships and skills essential to be effective in the field of Urban Education.
- Official Transcript(s) - Submit proof of an earned undergraduate Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3.0 GPA (2.95 for the Certificate in Urban Education program).
- Recommendations - Two professional recommendation forms are required
- Vitae - A vitae or professional resume
- Statement of purpose
- Passage of Michigan Teacher Test of Certification (MTTC) -Subject Area Test (for those seeking teacher certification or certified teachers seeking new endorsements) or if applicable testing through Michigan Occupational Competency Assessment Center (MOCAC). For further information about these tests, please visit www.mttc.nesinc.com.
- For the Certificate of Urban Education only*
- Verified background check
Prospective teachers seeking certification or a certified teacher seeking new endorsements through the Certificate of Urban Education alternative route to teacher certification program are required to have passed the Michigan Teacher Test of Certification (MTTC) -Subject Area Test or if applicable testing through Michigan Occupational Competency Assessment Center (MOCAC). To learn more and see testing dates, please visit the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification website.