Get where the world is going
Davenport University is a private, non-profit institution that prepares students for successful careers with undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, technology, health and urban education. Our vision and commitment to quality give students a competitive advantage to “Get Where the World is Going.”
Davenport is a private, non-profit university founded in 1866 to prepare students for successful careers.
- Founded more than 150 years ago, Davenport University is among the oldest institutions of higher education in the state of Michigan.
- Today, DU serves more than 7,000 traditional and adult students at 11 campuses throughout Michigan and online.
- Over 60 bachelor's and master's degree programs are offered through DU’s four degree-granting colleges: the Donald W. Maine College of Business, the College of Technology, the College of Health Professions, and the newly launched College of Urban Education.
Davenport's graduate and undergraduate degree programs equip students with the skills employers want in career areas that are in high demand.
- Davenport’s focus on practical curriculum allows students to begin taking courses within their major during their freshman year and participate in required internships.
- Davenport University’s “Excellence System” prepares students with real-world competencies sought by employers, including communication, teamwork, critical thinking, problem-solving and more.
- Nearly 95 percent of DU students are employed within their field of study within six months of graduation.
Davenport's vision and commitment to quality provide graduates a superb value and a unique competitive advantage.
- Davenport’s commitment to continuous quality improvement based on Malcom Baldrige quality principles has led to annual increases in student, graduate and employee satisfaction scores. The graduation rate for DU students is at an all-time high.
- Students value Davenport’s small class size, which offers one-on-one interaction and support from faculty who possess real-world experience.
- DU remains a leader in providing a flexible, convenient and accessible education opportunity to adult learners seeking new or better careers, while also offering a residential campus with a full student life experience for traditional students.
- Davenport’s tuition is among the lowest of all private colleges and universities in Michigan.