Quickly master the basics of medical terminology. This 4-week online course omits time-consuming, nonessential information and helps you build a working medical vocabulary of the most frequently encountered suffixes, prefixes, and word roots.
Learn medical terms in the context of human anatomy and physiology to help you understand exactly how they are used in practice. You will be amazed at how easily medical terminology becomes part of your everyday vocabulary.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Divide words into component parts and learn the meanings of the part
- Relate terms to understand organs located in the body during health and disease
- Locate and understand the various body cavities, body divisions, and planes
- Understand prefixes and suffixes used in medical terminology
- Discuss the various medical specialties and the medical terms used within each specialty
- Spell medical terms correctly