Congratulations, Class of 2020!
You earned it. This is your chance to walk across the stage.
We know this isn’t the ideal way to celebrate your big day and the hard work you have poured into your studies over the years, however, given the unusual circumstances, it’s the safest. With much discussion, our team has decided to move your ceremony to a drive-through format – replicating that of a standard in-person ceremony as closely as possible while ensuring that all faculty, staff and students remain safe and socially distanced.
Please note that graduates are limited to one car for the ceremony. But don't worry about anyone missing your big day. We will also be live-streaming the event on this page for any guests who cannot fit in the one car you bring to the ceremony.
Drive-through celebration details
Sunday, August 9, 2020 –– Davenport University Lettinga Campus
The event will begin at 10:30 am. Parking lots will open at 9:30 am. Graduates should arrive by 10:00 am.
Join us as we celebrate your big accomplishment and a degree well-earned. Our drive-through, socially distanced commencement is your chance to hear remarks from Davenport University President, Dr. Richard J. Pappas, walk across the outdoor stage and pose for a professional picture in your cap and gown.
For additional details, please click here
- Graduates will be asked to enter the W.A. Lettinga Campus from its North entrance (closest to 60th street). Parking lots will open at 9:30 am and graduates are asked to arrive by 10:00 am.
- Once entered, they will be directed to line up in Parking Lots F, E, D and C based on college.
- In the order they enter, cars will then be directed by section to Parking Lot K.
- Once in Parking Lot K, the graduate will be asked to get out of their car and walk to the stage that will be set up on the North side of the College of Business (Building 8 on the Campus Map).
- Once at the stage, the graduate will walk across the stage, have their name read aloud, receive their diploma cover and then exit the stage.
- After exiting the stage, the graduate will then proceed on to have their picture taken before being asked to re-enter their car.
- Once the graduate is back in their respective car, they will be directed out of the campus' South entrance (closest to 68th street). To ensure safety, graduates and guests will not be permitted to gather on campus following the event.
Graduates will only be allowed one car for the drive-through ceremony. The car may have guests but all guests are asked to stay in the car while the graduate walks across the stage.
No –– cap and gown sales ended July 31, 2020.
Whether you previously signed up or not, no further actions are needed at this time.
In the event of light rain, we will proceed with the event as scheduled. If severe weather is in the area or predicted, we will make every attempt to delay up to two hours but may need to cancel. Our top priority is the safety of our graduates, guests, faculty and staff. Please continue to check this page for updates.