Spearhead innovation, maximize organizational savings, boost company profits
This course is Going PRO eligible. Results in 3 credits towards a degree at Davenport University.
Operations Management – 6-weeks
Consistent with the pace of business, the Operations and Supply Chain Management program is designed for professionals who are looking to optimize supply chain operations through efficient design, planning, control, and monitoring of supply chain activities. Through discussion, analysis, and application, participants not only learn operations management concepts, but they put knowledge into practice with the development of a process improvement proposal for their organization.
Process Improvement ProposalParticipants in this program will identify the components of a plan to improve cost-effectiveness and/or efficiency in operations at his/her organization. Participants identify the trigger, opportunity, root cause and ideas to impact the efficiency of a process in his/her organization. The proposal serves as a guide for project implementation post-course.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Enhance your abilities to develop strategies for effective supply chain management
- Evaluate the key supply chain management processes and procedures
- Improve supply chain networks to align goals and orchestrate collaboration across groups
- Formulate strategies that increase productivity and quality to maximize profitability
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for a variety of people involved with supply chain and operations, including but not limited to:
- Managers of purchasing, operations, production, and warehouse
- Professionals who want formal training in operations and supply chain management
- Operations and supply chain managers looking to enhance skills and advance their careers
This course is eligible for 3 undergraduate credits (MGMT375-Operations Management) toward a bachelor's degree at Davenport.