Support after filing your taxes
The DU VITA program is a free tax preparation service running from the end of January through the end of May each year. All clients are provided a printed copy of their tax return and can use this to check the e-file status of their federal and Michigan tax returns at the below websites and phone numbers.
If clients have concerns about the taxes these are the options they can pursue:
- Check the status of their federal tax return online at https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp
- Check the status of their Michigan tax return online at https://etreas.michigan.gov/iit/home
- Call the IRS at: 1.800.829.1040
- Call the State of Michigan Income Tax Department at: 517.636.4486
- Call the number that they used to make the tax appointment. This is only available from the end of January through the end of May each year.
- Wait until next filing season to have DU VITA review the issue or use the provided printed copies and seek help from a paid tax professional
This is a free service and we do not operate year round. We are unable to provide additional client copies, or be available to address taxpayer concerns after May of each year. Client provided printed copies are sufficient to seek the help of a paid tax professional.