Welcome, Henry Ford Health Team Members
Davenport University is committed to removing barriers so you can continue your education.
This unique Education Scholarship Program saves you time and money as you work to complete an associate, bachelor's or master's degree, or while you pursue professional training to enhance your skills and gain industry-recognized certifications.
Are you ready? Apply now
Henry Ford Health Education Scholarship Program benefits
- Up to $8,000 toward tuition for most undergraduate and graduate degree programs*
- Renewable scholarship applies toward up to 22 credit hours per academic year pro-rated by credit
- $517 per credit hour pricing for the BSN Completion (BSNC) program for Henry Ford Health Registered Nurses seeking to complete their Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
- 20% discount on professional development workshops, certificate programs and other non-credit training opportunities
- No application fee
- The scholarship is limited to 100 Henry Ford Health team members
Henry Ford Health Education Scholarship Program information for family members
- $6,500 prorated per family member
- Up to 50 scholarships are available
- Scholarship applies to up to 22 credits per year
- Family members are admitted as regular Davenport University students
- Davenport University defines family members as a spouse or son, daughter, step-son, or step-daughter who does not exceed the age of 29 years old
- Scholarship can be applied to most undergraduate and graduate programs
- Participation is renewable each year for up to four years if eligible
1. Apply for admission to Davenport University. Be sure to identify Henry Ford Health as your employer
2. Receive notification from Henry Ford Health and Davenport University that you are eligible for the scholarship
3. Apply for the Henry Ford Health Education Scholarship Program
4. Continue the admissions and enrollment process
What is the Henry Ford Health Education Scholarship Program?
The Henry Ford Health Education Scholarship Program is a partnership with Davenport University.
- Henry Ford Health team members: The scholarship is up to $8,000 toward tuition for most undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Henry Ford Health family members: The scholarship is up to $6,500 toward tuition for most undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The Scholarship is renewable and applies toward 22 credit hours per year, for 4 years. The scholarship is limited to 100 Henry Ford Health team members and 50 family members.
How does the funding amount break down per credit hour?
Scholarship for Henry Ford Health team members
Scholarship for family members
|# of Credits||Scholarship Amount|
How do I apply?
Go to: davenport.edu/HFHS to complete an online application to Davenport University. If you are eligible for the scholarship, you will receive notification from Henry Ford Health and Davenport University. Once you receive confirmation, return to davenport.edu/HFHS to apply for the Education Scholarship Program and continue the admissions and enrollment process.
Can I be enrolled in any degree program and receive the Education Scholarship Program?
Some degree programs are excluded from eligibility. The Occupational Therapy degree program is generally excluded from participating in this scholarship program.
I am an existing Davenport student. Can I receive the Education Scholarship Program?
Scholarships apply to new students at Davenport University.
I am eligible for multiple Davenport Scholarship Programs. Can I receive multiple Davenport institution aid programs?
Students receiving the Education Scholarship Program will not receive other Davenport aid, including other Davenport Scholarships, grants, athletic aid, tuition discounts, and foundation awards. Students receiving the Education Scholarship Program will not receive other Davenport aid, including other Davenport Scholarships, grants, athletic aid, tuition discounts, and foundation awards. The special partnership pricing for the BSN Completion (BSNC) program is not able to be combined with the $6,100 employee scholarship.
Do I have to complete a FAFSA or complete any Financial Aid requirements related to my FAFSA?
A FAFSA and its associated requirements are not required. However, any SAP requirements or requirements related to proving eligibility for the scholarship would be required. Completing a FAFSA may make you eligible for other Federal or State aid, so you should consider completing one at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
What is “proof of employment”?
Proof of employment can be the most recent pay stub, an employee ID badge (verifying employment or expiration date), letter from your supervisor, or a letter from your employer’s human resources department.
I have other questions. How can I get more information?
Contact Davenport University Admissions at 800-686-1600 for more information.
Whichever path you choose, you will enjoy small class sizes, interactive learning, and personal attention. If you have any questions as you review your options, please contact us at 800.686.1600.
*Degree programs not eligible for the scholarship include Occupational Therapy. Tuition scholarships are for new students who have not taken for credit courses within the prior 24 months. This Tuition Grant amount is available for new students starting courses on or after 07/06/22. Your scholarship will show up on your Financial Aid award(s) under the name “DU Tuition Grant."