High School Completion or Equivalent Certification

Federal regulations state that persons wishing to receive federal aid at a post-secondary school must have one of the following:

  • A high school diploma (this can be from a foreign school if it is equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma)
  • The recognized equivalent of a high school diploma, such as a general education development or GED certificate
  • Completed homeschooling at the secondary level

Through the Davenport admission process you are required to certify and provide documentation that you have met one of the above qualifications. If you have not yet provided such documentation, you will need to request an official transcript or equivalent to be sent to the Registrar’s Office prior to being eligible to receive financial aid. It is recommended that you complete this requirement as early as possible to prevent any delays in awarding financial aid to you.