A few things to keep in mind...
We are excited to have you on campus! Before you arrive, there are a few things you need to accomplish:
- Visa process
- Secure housing
- Sign up for orientation
- Make travel arrangements
Visa processing checklist
Canadian Citizens complete step 2 only.
- Visit the website of US Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions and review the Consular Section for the country you plan to apply for the student visa.
- Pay SEVIS I-901 fee upon receipt of your I-20 form using the SEVIS ID provided in the uppleft-handand corner of the Form I-20. Print a receipt of you payment confirmation.
- Prepare the DS-160 visa application, pay visa fee and schedule interview appointment.
Please refer to the VISA processing checklist that was included with your acceptance package for a more details on how to complete the steps above.
What to bring to the visa interview:
- Printout of DS-160 confirmation page with legible bar code and photo
- Original I-20
- Valid passport (at least 6 months)
- Older passports containing previous visas
- Documents substantiating previous legal status in the US, reciprocity fee if applicable
- SEVIS (1-901) fee receipt
- Financial documents showing sufficient funds for at least one year of stud y in the U .S. (amount is printed on your I-20 form)
- Davenport University letter of acceptance
- Proof of ties/residence in a country outside the US, and any other documents your local U.S. Embassy requires
Before you make travel plans, please arrange a place to live. For Lettinga campus students, go to the Housing and Residence Life website to see your on-campus options and view a virtual tour.
Use your login and password/student ID to complete a housing application.
If you plan to reside off-campus, please review our transportation website to verify how you will get to campus. Davenport provides free shuttle service for students. The shuttle stops align with Grand Rapids public transportation, The Rapid.
Winter 2021 on-campus move in date is: Sunday, January 10, 2021
In addition to on-campus rooms being furnished, international students will be provided the below items at a $35 USD charge. If you do not want these items, please return basket/bin (unopened) to your Resident Assistant (RA).
Laundry basket/storage bin
Sheets (twin XL for South, Cook, Meijer, Panther Ridge; full for Panther Woods)
Blanket (twin XL for South, Cook, Meijer, Panther Ridge; full for Panther Woods)
Bath towel, hand towel, washcloth
Shower bar (Panther Woods)
Shower curtain liners (Cook, Meijer, Panther Woods, Panther Ridge)
Shower curtain hooks/rings (Cook, Meijer, Panther Woods, Panther Ridge)
Light bulbs (Cook)
When your travel arrangements are made, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your entire flight itinerary with arrival information. Please indicate whether you require transportation from the airport to our campus.
During travel, please contact our on-campus security at 616-446-7065 or 616-554-5041 with any changes or delays to your flight.