Meet Your LARA Initial Licensure Or Renewal Requirement For Implicit Bias with Davenport University.
Implicit Bias for Healthcare
Request Information - Implicit Bias for Healthcare
Davenport University’s Implicit Bias interactive workshop provides healthcare professionals with an in-depth understanding of implicit bias. This workshop teaches you how to manage your bias and interactions with diverse patients, practitioners, and peers. As an accredited University, Davenport offers instructor-led implicit bias training with live synchronous interaction in both livestream/virtual and in-person at campuses throughout the state of Michigan.
If left unchecked, unconscious or implicit biases can lead to unfair or discriminatory behavior with negative consequences. Remedy the negative impact of bias by recognizing and understanding its affect on perception, judgment, and actions that may result in inequitable decision-making, communication, or delivery of health care services. Gain a stronger understanding of the impact of implicit bias on culture, serving a diverse population, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and cultural sensitivity.
This course includes pre- and post- implicit bias assessments and results in a Certificate of Completion from Davenport University and a digital badge verifying training completion.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of unconscious bias and the types of biases
- Understand historical bias and present consequences of bias
- Develop a greater self-awareness of our own cultural tendencies, recognizing nuances of our own culture and the culture of others
- Explain how to recognize personal biases and make more informed decision
- Recognize how societal culture and organizational culture intersect and identify steps to create an organizational culture that promotes inclusion through listening, taking action, valuing input, and fostering open communication
- Understand how biases can influence workplace decisions and interactions and the business metrics that are affected
- Embrace acceptance and empathy rather than awareness and tolerance
- Explore and practice words and actions that encourage respect and resolution to conflicts and difficult situations between individuals, which will eliminate discriminatory behaviors
Why Choose DU?
- Insight into Diversity's Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award for seven consecutive years
- Partners for a Racism Free Community Level I Partner Designation
- 2014 Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Hispanic Advocacy Award
- 2016 Grand Rapids Chamber Diversity Leadership Award
- 2017 Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Best for Vets Award
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) Council and Honors Award for three consecutive years (2017-2019) --- the only university to ever be in the ERG Leadership Circle
- HireReach Cohort 1 Member Organization
CEUs Awarded: 0.3
PDCs Awarded: 3