Welcome, partner school team members
We are committed to removing barriers so you can sustain equity, creativity and opportunity for urban communities.
Davenport University is invested in preparing teachers and administrators to teach and lead in urban schools. Our College of Urban Education offers programs to help employees, students and parents develop the tools and the confidence needed to become urban educators who can tackle urban education issues within the classroom, building or district.
As a member of a Davenport partner school, you are eligible for flexible degree pathways, scholarships and mentoring that will help you develop as a culturally responsive teacher or educational leader.
STEM Educator Scholarship
Davenport launched the Bachelor of Science in urban STEM education program to better prepare teachers and leaders to make a difference for students in local school districts. As an urban education student, you will develop a deep expertise in K-12 STEM instruction while learning culturally responsive teaching strategies that empower students intellectually, socially and emotionally. As a member of a partner school, Davenport is making it easier than ever to gain a B.S. in urban STEM education degree with this scholarship.
- Scholarships are available in amounts up to $12,000 per academic year*
- Scholarships are renewable for four years at 30 credits per year
- Scholarships may be awarded to up to 25 employees, 25 students and 25 students’ parents each year
- Scholarships may be applied to tuition, fees, books, meal plans and housing
BAS in Integrative Professional Studies
Davenport University offers the Bachelor of Applied Science in integrative professional studies to individuals who aspire to become educators and who are currently working in a Davenport University partner school system. Once the bachelor’s degree is completed, you may obtain the urban education graduate certificate to become a full-fledged teacher.
- Students may continue working while gaining a degree
- Clinical teaching experience is obtained through required service learning each year of the program; service learning credits are offered for experience
- Completing this program and the 22-credit urban education graduate certificate enables you to become a full-fledged working teacher
*Scholarships apply to new students who have not attended Davenport University in the past 12 months. Scholarships are pro-rated (based on enrollment level of 30 credits per academic year) and applied against published tuition rates for Davenport University’s Bachelor of Science in urban STEM education.