Learn project management best practices and skills to manage issues that come with each project phase.
This course is Going PRO eligible. Contact us to learn more.
Request Information - Certificate of Project Management
2-day Project Management Course
Become a valued project management professional in any industry with Davenport University’s Certificate of Project Management. Develop a thorough understanding and practical application of the project management tools needed to ensure successful planning from start to finish. Our proven methodology, backed by industry-standard tools approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI), will teach you important skills such as building and managing teams, controlling costs/risks, and solving problems to complete projects on time and on budget. Provide well-organized and consistent project management with low-risk, high-quality deliverables critical to eliminating cost overruns and/or late projects.
This project management course incorporates exercises to demonstrate real-world application and the role of decision-making in the project management process. Learn to clearly define project objectives, provide adequate resources, and utilize project management tools while applying concepts taught to a real project.
The Certificate of Project Management is offered in a live-virtual format (using Blackboard Collaborate) and in-seat at our Davenport University campuses in Lansing, Midland, and Detroit or at the Cook Center in Grand Rapids. This program is a great first step toward the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification with the Project Management Institute. Successful completion of this results in PDUs from the Project Management Institute.
Who Should Attend?
Davenport University’s Certificate of Project Management is for anyone who plays a role in moving a project from start to finish, including, but not limited to: business owners, project managers, project planners, estimators, team leaders, and managers. This program is for any professional looking to improve project management skills.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the major phases of a project and project management best practices
- Create a project vision and project goals considering elements that will influence success
- Utilize essential project management tools, including budget, final plan, and statement of work
- Identify project tasks, resources, and potential project risks
- Effectively create and utilize a Work Breakdown Sheet
- Utilize a change control process that applies to any project
- Identify the ‘who, when, why, what, and how’ of your project communications
- Complete necessary closing tasks associated with projects
- Evaluate results to apply lessons learned and project management best practices to future projects
How the Organization Benefits
- Managers who prioritize tasks and document everything will ensure projects align with organizational goals
- Project leaders who delegate, manage conflicts, and coach team members have higher success
- Organized, knowledgeable project managers who have the ability to multitask, communicate, and problem solve
How the Individual Benefits
- Project management is highly valued skill in today's business environment
- With strong project management skills, you know how to get things done, and document the results
- Learn to make the most efficient use of resources to generate the best results in the least amount of time
CEUs Awarded: 1.3
PDCs Awarded: 13
PDUs Awarded: 14
PMP, PMBOK, and Project Management Professional (PMP) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.