Welcome, HFCC students!
At Davenport, transfer students are a vital part of our student body. You bring experience to share and inspire others with your focus on career goals. We set you up for success with personal transfer planning, assigned personal academic advisors, generous financial aid and career guidance for life.
With about 30% of our students being transfer students, you won't be alone in this journey.
Insider tips for an easy transfer
- 60+ Programs = Your full associate degree applies to a DU degree leaving only 60+ credits to complete (2 years or less)
- Follow a 3+1 for maximum transfer benefits. Work directly with your personal Education Partner Representative to map out your plan.
- Choose ENG131 and MATH110 at HFCC to satisfy the DU English & math acceptance requirements (and maximize your transfer credits)
- You can take DU and HFCC classes in the same semester with Consortium. Use DU financial aid to cover the cost of both. A great option to help you complete your Associate degree requirements while you step forward to your Bachelor's degree.
- Special HFCC/DU Programs:
- BSN Concurrent- Are you in the HFCC Nursing program and want to work on your BSN courses while you wait for clinicals?
- Cohort rotations for any specific programs (like at WCCCD)
Many HFCC transfer students have found that DU is an affordable option! 95% of our students qualify for some kind of financial aid, we can help you too! Let our experts build you a personal financial aid package based on your unique situation:
- Academic scholarships ranging from $6,000/year to $2,000/year (GPA 2.8+)
- Compete for our Full-tuition President's scholarship (4.0 GPA)
- Are you a member of Phi Theta Kappa? Increase your academic scholarship to $4,000/year!
- Plus we can help you qualify for additional DU scholarships and Federal and State grants
- We also offer tuition grants & discounts if you are an employee or member of one of our partner organizations
"When I started at HFCC 3 years ago, I wasn't quite sure where I might end up for my Bachelor's degree. Thankfully I met Samantha during a college fair that first year and she was so helpful in answering all of my questions and helping me design a transfer plan that fit exactly what I was hoping to accomplish: saving money, finishing quickly, and getting into the accounting field for my career. I've been really impressed with DU's customer service. It's so easy to reach out and get answers and help. I just started at Davenport this year and am loving my accounting classes. My future is looking pretty good thanks to DU."