In the event of an emergency, call 911

The University defines all employees as mandatory reporters for the purpose of complying with the various reporting responsibilities under Title VII, the Clery Act, and Title IX. All concerning and disruptive behaviors must be reported in a timely way to the institution through the use of the online incident reporting form that can be found at The mandatory reporter policy can be found by downloading this attached document.

All reports will be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly. Sexual assault or rape, intimate partner violence or dating violence, gender-based discrimination, sexual harassment and stalking are violations of Title IX, state law, and Davenport University's Code of Conduct.

How to Submit a Report

Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment, whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment.  A report may be made in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the Title IX Coordinator’s contact information listed above, or by any other means that results in the Title IX Coordinator receiving the person’s verbal or written report.  Such a report may be made at any time (including during non-business hours), by using the telephone number or electronic mail address, or by mail to the office address, listed for the Title IX Coordinator.

University employees are required, and students, parents, community members, and third parties are encouraged, to report allegations of sex discrimination or sexual harassment promptly to the Title IX Coordinator or any University employee.  Reports can be made orally or in writing and should be as specific as possible. Reporting avenues include but are not limited to:

  1. filling out an incident report here. If you would like to report on behalf of another member of the Davenport University community, you may do so at the same link.
  2. calling EthicsPoint at 855.271.2823
  3. contacting a Title IX Coordinator
  4. contacting your local public safety staff
  5. contacting your Local Law Enforcement  

The person making the report shall, to the extent known, identify the alleged victim(s), perpetrator(s), and witness(es), and describe in detail what occurred, including date(s), time(s), and location(s). 

A complainant may file criminal and Title IX complaints simultaneously. A complainant does not need to wait until the Title IX investigation is completed before filing a criminal complaint.  Likewise, questions or complaints relating to Title IX may also be filed with the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.

Any University employee who receives a report involving allegations of sex discrimination and/or sexual harassment shall notify the Title IX Coordinator as soon as practicable after receiving the report, but in no circumstances more than two (2) business days.  If the reporting individual submitted a written complaint to the employee, the employee must provide the written complaint to the Title IX Coordinator.

How to Submit a Formal Complaint  

 A formal complaint may be filed with the Title IX Coordinator in person, by mail, or by electronic mail, by using the contact information set forth above.  Reports which may come through the university incident report systems (Maxient or EthicsPoint) will receive instructions regarding how to file a formal complaint. The Title IX Coordinator is authorized to file a formal complaint in lieu of the complainant’s stated desire in the event of the University assessment of the threat of ongoing risk posed to the university.

When the University receives a formal complaint, the University will follow its Grievance Process, as set forth herein.  Specifically, the University will undertake an objective evaluation of all relevant evidence – including both inculpatory and exculpatory – and provide that credibility determinations will not be based on a person’s status as a complainant, respondent, or witness.  If you would like to submit a formal complaint, you may do so by downloading this attached form


Office Phone: 616.554.5041
Cell Phone: 616.466.7098


2875 W Grand Blvd. 
Detroit, MI. 48202
Non-Emergency Phone: 313.596.5300


8555 Kalamazoo Ave SE 
Caledonia Township, MI 49316 

Non-Emergency Phone: 616.632.6490


120 W. Michigan Ave 
Lansing, MI 48933

Non-emergency phone number: 517.483.4600


2727 Rodd Street 
Midland, MI. 48640
Non-Emergency Phone: 989.631.5716


29900 S Civic Denter Blvd 
Warren, MI 48093

Non-emergency phone number: 586.574.4844