Be prepared to lead your organization's team
Bachelor of Business Administration - Human Resource Management (120 credits)
Davenport University's Human Resource Management BBA degree provides application-based knowledge in staffing, training, negotiation, dispute resolution, compensation, organizational behavior and leadership strategies in businesses. This program prepares you to enter and excel in the human resources arena, generating approaches and solutions for managing a business’ most valuable resource: its employees.
You will take classes that are aligned with all Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM) content areas assuring potential employers that our graduates are well prepared for successful careers. SHRM is the world’s largest and most prestigious association devoted to human resource management and is well known by human resource employers.
A BBA degree in Human Resource Management can be completed in-seat or online.
Foundations of Excellence
|ACES100 or OPEN||Achieving Career and Education Success or (if exempt) Open Elective||3|
|DATA275||Introduction to Data Analytics||3|
|SOSC||Social Science Elective||3|
|SOSC201||Diversity in Society||3|
|STAT220||Introduction to Statistics||3|
Foundations of Business
|ACCT201||Accounting Foundations I||4|
|ACCT202||Accounting Foundations II||4|
|GPMT287||Principles of Project Mgmt||3|
|LEGL210||Business Law Foundations||3|
|BUSN489 or HRMG490||Field Experience in Business or Human Resource Management BBA Internship||3|
|HRMG213||Human Resource Management||3|
|HRMG350||Training for Organizations||3|
|HRMG453||Strategic Human Resources||4|
|LEGL401||Employment and Labor Law||3|
|MGMT316||Innovation & Managing Change||3|
|HRMG290 or HRMG490||Human Resource Management Internship or Human Resource BBA Management Internship||3|
|HRMG330||International Human Res Mgmt||3|
|HRMG499||Certified Professnal Exam Prep||3|
Which class should I take? When should I take it?
See our Recommended Program Sequences:
The Human Resource Management program is a great choice if you
- Want to exercise strategic management skills to develop an accomplished and productive workforce.
- Can balance multiple individual needs of employees and stakeholders
- Enjoy interacting with people to develop and achieve goals
- Want to develop strong problem-solving skills
During your studies, you will exposed to the following:
- Developing skills in business fundamentals with particular expertise in human resource management.
- Engaging in real-world application by applying relevant knowledge of the field.
- Honing strategic decision-making and analytical skills in a local, national and international business context.
Human Resource Management can be a fulfilling career as you help employees and organizations succeed. Your HR skills are needed across many fields including healthcare, education, construction, government and other industries. With this degree you are qualified to pursue rewarding career positions such as the following.
- Human Resource Specialist
- Employee Relations Manager
- Recruiting and Staffing Manager
- Compensation and Benefit Manager
- Labor Relations Manager
- Job Analyst