Become a leader in K-12 urban education systems
Master of Education - Urban Education (39-42 credits)
Our alternative route to teacher certification program prepares students for the teaching and problem-solving efforts needed in today's urban education environments. Our strong curriculum emphasizes educational law and cultural intelligence that will provide you with a deep understanding of this unique field and help you to become a highly effective educator.
We’re proud to be the only school in Michigan to offer not just an alternative route to teacher certification and a master of urban education, but an entire college dedicated to the urban education learning environments. If you’re not a certified educator yet, this program will put you on an expedited path for your teacher certification.
We invite you to become the teacher you've always wanted to be.
|UEDU600||Introduction to Teaching||3|
|UEDU610||Foundation of Urban Education||3|
|UEDU630||Data Analytic, Assess, Measure||3|
|UEDU656||Education and the Law||3|
|UEDU682||Family & Comm Partnership Prac||2|
|UEDU715||Educational Psych in Urban Ed||2|
|UEDU730||Classroom Mgmt Strategies||3|
|UEDU742||Implemnt Collg Career Rdy Curr||2|
|UEDU756||Differen Instruct Urban Settng||3|
|UEDU770||Building Effective Lesson Plan||3|
|UEDU786||Using Tech to Enhance Learn||3|
|UEDU792||School Improvement Planning||3|
Core Methods Courses
Urban Education Elective
Candidates must choose one Core Methods Course sequence:
|UEDU701A/B||Literacy Development and Instruction||3 credits & 3|
|UEDU703A/B||Teaching Integrated Science||3 credits & 3|
Which class should I take? When should I take it?
See our Recommended Program Sequences:
- Fill out the Davenport Application for Admissions.
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or above with a 3.0 GPA and pass the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Basic Skills exam as well as a subject area competency exam.
- Two (2) signed professional recommendation forms and one personal recommendation form are required.
- A current resume/CV must be submitted and it should include prior employment experience, educational background, and any organizational affiliations.
- Statement of purpose (refer to the statement of purpose form in the admission packet).
- Participate in an interview with the College of Urban Education (CUE) Admission Committee - to be scheduled by Davenport upon submission of the completed application.