Your professional development begins with the Davenport University Career Services Guide
The DU Career Services Guide and surrounding resources will give you the tools, knowledge and strategy necessary to be successful before, during and after your Davenport degree.
Career Guide sections
Utilize resources to help you choose your major and career path through decision-making research, benefits of participating in informational interviews, graduate school information and tips on submitting personal statements.
Explore the different opportunities to gain real-world experience through internships, practicums, Prior Learning Assessment, student employment, study abroad and on-campus student organizations.
Need help creating a resume? No problem. Check out this section of the Career Guide. You'll find checklists, tips for resumes, Curriculum Vitae (CVs), cover letters, references and more.
Searching for a job may seem overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be. Explore this section of the Career Guide to find the best platforms to job search and how to network on LinkedIn, Handshake or at Davenport's Career Fairs.
- Additional resources:
- Where to Search - Best Platforms
- Direct messaging Employers via Handshake
- Indeed | Google | LinkedIn
- FREE Professional Headshot editor
- TeamworkOnline- Sport Industry
- Job Search Sites by Profession
- SourceAbled Disability Search Assistance | Job Searching w/ Criminal Backgrounds
- Dealing w/Job Loss Before Searching Again
Develop skills and strategies to ace an interview. Learn how to evaluate job offers and negotiate salaries and utilize the budgeting worksheet.